Enable on-access and email scanners to detect unwanted programs using the VirusScan Console.
The process used to enable unwanted program detection for on-access and email scanners is essentially the same. The only difference is which task you select in the VirusScan Console for step 2. To enable unwanted program detection for:
- On-access scanning — Select On-Access Scan Policies.
- Email scanning — Select On-Delivery Email Scanner.
For option definitions, click Help in the interface.
- From the Task list, right-click one of the following, then click Properties to open its dialog box:
- On-Access Scan Policies — For on-access scanning.
- On-Delivery Email Scanner — For email scanning.
- From the On-Access Scan Policies or On-Delivery Email Policies page, click the Scan Items tab and select Detect unwanted programs.