ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0
Enable on-access and email scanners to detect unwanted programs using the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 console.
The process used to enable unwanted program detection for on-access and email scanners is essentially the same. The only difference is which policy you select in the policy catalog for step 2. To enable unwanted program detection for:
- On-access scanning — Select On-Access Scan Policies.
- Email scanning — Select On-Delivery Email Policies.
For option definitions, click ? in the interface.
- Click Systems | Policy Catalog, then from the Product list select VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0. The Category list displays the policy categories for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.
- Edit an existing policy or create a new policy: Edit an existing policy
- From the Category list, select the policy category.
- From the Actions column, click Edit to open the policy configuration page.
Create a new policy
- Click New Policy to open New Policy dialog box.
- From the Create a new policy based on this existing policy list, select one of the settings.
- Type a new policy name.
- Click OK. The new policy appears in the list of existing policies.
- From the Settings for list, select Workstation or Server.
- From the On-Access Scan Policies or On-Delivery Email Policies page, click the Scan Items tab and select Detect unwanted programs.