ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0
Configure the Unwanted Programs Policies with this user interface console.
For option definitions, click ? in the interface.
- Click Systems | Policy Catalog, then from the Product list select VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0. The Category list displays the policy categories for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.
- Edit an existing policy or create a new policy: Edit an existing policy
- From the Category list, select the policy category.
- From the Actions column, click Edit to open the policy configuration page.
Create a new policy
- Click New Policy to open New Policy dialog box.
- From the Create a new policy based on this existing policy list, select one of the settings.
- Type a new policy name.
- Click OK. The new policy appears in the list of existing policies.
- From the Settings for list, select Workstation or Server.
- From the Unwanted Programs Policy page, click the Scan Items tab to configure:
- Categories of unwanted programs to detect — For example, spyware and adware. These categories are defined by the current DAT file.
- Exclusions — You must specify the exact detection name that you want to exclude, not the file name.
- Click the User-Defined Detections tab and specify the individual files or programs to treat as unwanted programs. Specify each item by file name and provide a description for each item.