From the Access Protection properties, configure the user-defined access-protection rules.
For option definitions, click ? in the interface.
- From the Task list, right-click Access Protection, then click Properties to open the dialog box.
- Select the User-defined Rules category in the left pane, then click New to open the Select New Type Rule dialog box.
- Select the rule type and click OK. Refer to Types of user-defined rules for details. The access rule dialog box that appears depends on the rule type selected.
- Configure these access rule details.
Note: To configure which processes to include and exclude, refer to Include or exclude specific process options.
- Network Port Access Protection Rule — Refer to the options table in Port blocking rule options.
- File/Folder Access Protection Rule — Refer to the options table in File and folder blocking rule options.
- Registry Access Protection Rule — Refer to the options table in Registry blocking rule options.
- Click OK. The new user-defined rule appears in the right-hand pane in the Rules column. To modify the new rule, select it and click Edit.