ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 or 4.6
From the Access Protection Policies, configure the user-defined access-protection rules.
For option definitions, click ? in the interface.
- Click Menu | Policy | Policy Catalog, then from the Product list select VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0. The Category list displays the policy categories for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.
- Edit an existing policy or create a new policy: Edit an existing policy
- From the Category list, select the policy category.
- From the Actions column, click Edit Setting to open the policy configuration page.
Create a new policy
- Click Actions | New Policy to open New Policy dialog box.
- From the Category list, select an existing policy.
- From the Create a new policy based on this existing policy list, select one of the settings.
- Type a new policy name.
- Type any notes, if required.
- Click OK. The new policy appears in the list of existing policies.
- From the Actions column of the new policy, click Edit Setting to open the policy configuration page.
- From the Settings for list, select Workstation or Server.
- Select the User-defined Rules category in the left pane, then click New to open the Select the new rule type dialog box.
- Select the rule type and click OK. Refer to Types of user-defined rules for details. The access rule dialog box that appears depends on the rule type selected.
- Configure these access rule details.
Note: To configure which processes to include and exclude, refer to Include or exclude specific process options.
- Network Port Access Protection Rule — Refer to the options table in Port blocking rule options.
- File/Folder Access Protection Rule — Refer to the options table in File and folder blocking rule options.
- Registry Access Protection Rule — Refer to the options table in Registry blocking rule options.
- Click OK. The new user-defined rule appears in the right-hand pane under Block/Report/Rules. To modify the new rule, select it and click Edit.