Configuring access protection settings
Use Access Protection Policies to protect your system’s access points and prevent termination of McAfee processes.
Failure to enable access protection to prevent McAfee services from being stopped leaves your system unprotected from numerous malware attacks.
There are two types of access-protection rules you can configure.
- Predefined rules — Allow you to:
- Open the access-protection rule category in one of the user interface consoles.
- Select the block and report action to take if the rule is broken.
- User-defined rules — Allow you to:
- Create the user-defined rule category with one of the user interface consoles.
- Choose which type of blocking the rule enforces: port blocking, file and folder blocking, or registry blocking.
- Configure the rule details.
- Save the rule and modify it in the future, if needed.