Configure the Buffer Overflow Protection Policies with this user interface console.
For option definitions, click ? in the interface.
- From the Task list, right-click Buffer Overflow Protection, then click Properties to open the dialog box.
- From the Buffer Overflow Protection Properties page, click the Buffer Overflow Protection tab and configure the following:
- Enable Buffer overflow settings and the protection mode used. Configure the protection mode to either block the exploit or simply send a message and log the event.
- Enable the Client system warnings that are sent when a buffer overflow exploit occurs.
- Configure Buffer overflow exclusions for specific application programming interface (API) values, plus the optional processes and module names to exclude.
- Click the Reports tab, enable the scanning activity log files, where they are stored, their size, and format.
Note: These log files are very helpful when you diagnose security threats, and help determine what actions to take against these threats.